Financial crime, extortion, fraud, money laundering, etc exists and there are various ways people can be, and are, scammed or conned out of money.
Cheque fraud and bad debts – many U.A.E residents discovered in 2007-2009 that bouncing a check in Dubai could cost them some jail time the recipient of a bounced check is entitled to report the signer of the check (including company executives with signing authority) to the police, who can then arrest the signer.
The amount is irrelevant in terms of the crime of check fraud, however the jail term might be longer if the amount was larger.
Mr. Jihad El Haddad Practice is the leader in high profile white-collar criminal cases. Mr. Jihad El Haddad advises on various issues involving foreign jurisdictions and regulations wherever relevant, with a primary focus on the following areas:
- Corporate Fraud and Embezzlement
- Corruption and Bribery including:
- local & regional regulation
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Cheques Fraud
- Assets Tracing and Recovery
- International Judicial Cooperation
- Local and international Companies seek the advice of Mr. El Haddad and his team in high values
Mr. Jihad El Haddad’s practice is focused on his clients’ best interests and his experience in complicated litigious maters is witnessed by a large number of local and international companies.
Mr. Jihad El Haddad Expertise
- Providing Risk Management, Compliance Training & conducting Internal Investigations
- Advising companies and individuals in Criminal Investigations
- Advocating Clients’ interests before Police, Public Prosecution and / or Courts
- Tracing & Freezing Assets arising out of money laundering activities
- Assisting clients with Extradition Requests (Incoming & Outgoing)
- Liaising with Prosecuting Authorities & Interpol