Our team of qualified lawyers represents and advises a range of regional and international clients, including vessel owners, transportation operators, charterers, commodity traders, ship repair yards, financial institutions, port operators and regulators in all aspects of maritime, trade and transport law. We advise our clients’ on asset finance, mortgages, registrations, sale and transfers and represent them in contract negotiations, transactions, and to the extent disputes arise, act in arbitrations and engage our advocates, who are qualified to appear before all courts and tribunals of the UAE.
Al Jazeera Advocates deals with all kinds of maritime disputes arising due to a breach of contractual obligations. We are experienced in the following maritime matters:
- Drafting maritime contracts, reviewing investments and providing legal assistance.
- Charter Parties
- Bill of Lading
- Drafting contracts for the sale, purchase, and building of vessels.
- Marine insurance.
- Admiralty and cargo claims
- Issues arising out of maritime pollution.
- Seizure of vessels before or after applying for a case.
- Appeal against seizure of a vessel and its release.