Will is usually the first sensible and necessary step in ensuring assets pass to loved ones. Dealing with the financial affairs of a deceased loved one is a difficult task, especially in an unfamiliar country. Al Jazeera Advocates provide assistance to clients’ on all aspects of dealing with UAE based assets and advise the ways to ensure clients’ assets are protected and pass to their chosen beneficiaries on their demise.
Al Jazeera’s team of lawyers are highly experienced in Will writing, inheritance matters, succession planning and probate/administration of estate services. Our Legal Consultants have authorized Will Draftsmen with the Dubai International Finance Centre Wills and Probate Registry and are experienced in drafting Wills according to expatriates’ National laws which will regulate their wishes upon death. Further, our Legal Consultants are specialized in providing appropriate solutions and preparing Wills that address all key issues pertaining to business partnership and ownership. We regularly deal with disputes from Wills and probate for non-muslims adjudicated by Dubai Courts or DIFC courts, depending on the place where the wills are registered.
- “Full Will” which includes any assets located in Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah (inclusive of guardianship provisions);
- “Property Will”, which is restricted only to dealing with five real estate properties located in Dubai and/or Ras Al Khaimah;
- “Guardianship Will”, restricted only to dealing with guardianship provisions for minor children under the age of 21 years old and living in Dubai; and
- “Free Zone Company Will”, which only covers Ras Al Khaimah International Corporate Centre company (“RAKICC”) shares and is restricted to five different shareholdings.
- Married couples can register two single DIFC Wills that are virtually identical (from any of the above-mentioned types of DIFC wills), commonly known as “Mirror Wills”.